Photography Competition - Terms and Conditions
- In recognition of all of the unsung heroes who have got us through the last 18 months and beyond, and also of the importance of the people of glendale who are as much of the character of the place as the landscape, there will be a single category for this years competition titled the people that make us.
- The judges decision as to the eligibility of individual images will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Images must be taken in glendale, north northumberland and the location identified clearly when submitted.
- Entries can be received any time between 1 december 2021 and the deadline at 12 noon on monday 28th march 2022. The winners will be announced on 1 may 2022 following the public vote.
- Entrants can submit up to three photos. The images can be in colour or black and white, and must be jpegs uploaded to our competition website.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income for the sale of their photographs. Entrants under the age of 18 need the verifiable consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Images should have been shot within the last 3 years and should not have been entered into any other competition.
- Entrants submitting their entry online must complete all sections of the online entry form via the website adgefrin. Co. Uk/photocompetition.
- The judging panel will consist of members of the ferguson family and guest professional photographer(s).
- The judges will select the winner and runners up of each category. The overall winner will then be voted for by the public using social media platforms. Each category winner will receive 50, and the overall winner will receive 100.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries (or their Parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.)
- It is essential that all entrants exercise discretion and sensitivity when photographing individuals. Where an individual or a residential property belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking photographs for example trespass or privacy.
- Entrants will retain copyright of the photography they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Ad Gefrin the right to publish and exhibit their photography on their website, in print and across all social media channels in perpetuity. The photographs may be used for publicity purposes. Ad Gefrin will make every effort to credit photographers, however cannot guarantee that every use will include the photographers’ names. Please note that images may be shared more widely if picked up from social media channels.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Ad Gefrin reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if they have reason to believe that the entrant has breached these rules or acted fraudulently in any way or brings Ad Gefrin
- Ad Gefrin reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Ad Gefrin.